H4 - I539 Approval copy not received

RajSid

Hi,

My son’s H4 petition – I539 got approved in feb 2017 and we have not received the approval notice for him until now. I have reached out to USCIS and they asked me to file I-824 to get the duplicate copy of the approval notice. I  have the following questions regarding that. 

1)     I am planning to visit India next month along with my son and we need to go for stamping .so if this is the case do I need to apply for a duplicate copy for the one which was approved on feb -15 2017? My son would get a new I-94 as part of this stamping process right? Do we need to produce the approved physical copy for his stamping?

2)     Will there be any legal issues if he stay here without a physical copy of an approved case until then?

3)    Please note my previous employer H4 has a validity until July 27 2017  for him. will this help in any way if he do not have an approved physical copy for the current I-539?
4)    What are all the cases we need the approved I539 for him? Can someone please assist?

1 hour ago, RajSid said:

Hi,

My son’s H4 petition – I539 got approved in feb 2017 and we have not received the approval notice for him until now. I have reached out to USCIS and they asked me to file I-824 to get the duplicate copy of the approval notice. I  have the following questions regarding that. 

1)     I am planning to visit India next month along with my son and we need to go for stamping .so if this is the case do I need to apply for a duplicate copy for the one which was approved on feb -15 2017? My son would get a new I-94 as part of this stamping process right? Do we need to produce the approved physical copy for his stamping?

2)     Will there be any legal issues if he stay here without a physical copy of an approved case until then?

3)    Please note my previous employer H4 has a validity until July 27 2017  for him. will this help in any way if he do not have an approved physical copy for the current I-539?
4)    What are all the cases we need the approved I539 for him? Can someone please assist?

If your previous employer I-94 is valid till July 2017, he can go for stamping using primary petition. No need of approved I-539.

Thank you Sekar!!

For some reasons if i am unable to travel to india by or before  July 2017 will there be any issues for my son to stay with me here legally?

Also since his extension was made from here does he need the latest I-539 for the stamping?

Archived