B1/B2 rejected for my mother and sister

Bharath Kumar

I had applied for Tourist visa for my mother and sister. My mother is a government employee and my sister is studying in Anna University (Govt institution). Their applications were rejected saying they have no roots to come back to India. 

I had applied since my wife and daughter are in US on H1B  and H4 respectively and they have planned to visit them for a short vacation. Me and my father are in India and I am working in Cognizant and am in no idea to quit. But the interviewer did not ask any questions related to these and simply rejected after asking my mother as to whom she is visiting and where she works. My sister was not asked even a single question.

I still do not understand the reason behind the rejection. They have all the roots in India even 2 houses in her name and still they have  been rejected.

Could you please help as I am planning to apply again immediately.

Regards

Bharath

• 1 month later...

Have them apply on their own recognizance even though you can certainly pay for the trip. Your sister should plan to visit during summer vacation and your Mother should have a leave letter for about 4-6 weeks at the same time. Answers need to be spontaneous and not coached as they sometimes are.  You can help them fill up the form if necessary though you have no other standing in the matter and should lie low.

Archived