H1 to H4 EAD with Future Effective Dates

H1toH4EAD

Hello Community,

I have seen lot of forums where people have asked about the ways to change from H1 to H4 EAD without break in the employment. 

I applied for a change of status of my wife from H1 to H4 and EAD concurrently with future effective date and both got approved simultaneously with future effective date. 

I have given a date 90 days from the date of application as the start date of both H4 and EAD. Both applications got approved in 63 days from the date USCIS received and within a week after approval, I got the notice both stating with start date as the future effective date. Online status showed EAD got approved first and then H4 but when I got the notice I see both the same date. 

So my wife can continue her H1 status until the start date of H4 and thereafter work on EAD without any break. It worked in my case but not sure if it works for everyone.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, H1toH4EAD said:

Hello Community,

I have seen lot of forums where people have asked about the ways to change from H1 to H4 EAD without break in the employment. 

I applied for a change of status of my wife from H1 to H4 and EAD concurrently with future effective date and both got approved simultaneously with future effective date. 

I have given a date 90 days from the date of application as the start date of both H4 and EAD. Both applications got approved in 63 days from the date USCIS received and within a week after approval, I got the notice both stating with start date as the future effective date. Online status showed EAD got approved first and then H4 but when I got the notice I see both the same date. 

So my wife can continue her H1 status until the start date of H4 and thereafter work on EAD without any break. It worked in my case but not sure if it works for everyone.

Thanks.

Yes, she can work without break. Thanks for the info.

Archived