H4 EAD Extension with H4 Extension Receipt

KiranW

Hi,

I am on a H1B visa and my wife has an H4 EAD. My H1 and her H4 EAD were due to to expire in september this year. I filed the H1 and H4 extension in premium in March so that I can file for the EAD once the H4 extension is approved. My H1 is approved while my wife's h4 extension is still in progress. We just received the H4 extension receipt.

My question is: Can we apply for my wife's H4 EAD extension based on the H4 receipt and current I-94 in the mean time or do I have to wait for the H4 extension approval first?

Thanks in advance!!

58 minutes ago, KiranW said:

Hi,

I am on a H1B visa and my wife has an H4 EAD. My H1 and her H4 EAD were due to to expire in september this year. I filed the H1 and H4 extension in premium in March so that I can file for the EAD once the H4 extension is approved. My H1 is approved while my wife's h4 extension is still in progress. We just received the H4 extension receipt.

My question is: Can we apply for my wife's H4 EAD extension based on the H4 receipt and current I-94 in the mean time or do I have to wait for the H4 extension approval first?

Thanks in advance!!

You can apply but USCIS will put the H-4 EAD application on hold until the H-4 extension is approved.

Archived