221G blue slip on visa stamping

krishnam

Hi I attend interview on april 28 2017 in chennai consulate,unfortunately i got 221G stating that need further documents.PFA documents they have asked.

they have checked two boxes in that and asking those documents. PFA for reference.

my client is not willing to provide client letter so my manager saying that instead of client letter we will provide manager letter and sow.

now my question is:     will consulate guys accept this?

also my petition will expire on august 20 th 2017,till now i did not travel to US,this is the first time i went for stamping.

if we did not respond to the 221 g,my petition will expire in next 2 months. so,can i use same petition for future cap exempted category with different company and different client.

currently i have 2 i797B approved petitions in my hand one is for texas and 2nd is for amendment to that different client and location change is for chicago location.

Note: its not 2 h1b petitions,its only one h1B having with amendments to 2 locations base location is texas and amendment for chicago.i went stamping for chicago location with amendment approved petition.

could you please suggest the best way to hold my petition for future use with different client out terminating.

221G.PNG

I went to Chennai consulate on Apr 27th to drop off my passport. Got it back within a week along with 221g with many more documents than yours. I just emailed them yesterday and fingers crossed. In my case the SOW is only for 2 months.

As I far as I know i don't think you can extend you petition anyway. Somehow you need to land in US/get it stamped in order to continue staying there and apply for extension of the petition or i94.  I have been to US and came for vacation and I know a lot of them who travel just to get their visa extended. You cannot extend the petition from India.

I would recommend submitting the 2 docs asap. If the client verification is the only pending task, they might do it quickly and you will be able to travel before your petition end date. There are a very good chance of that happening. All the best and please do post if you case gets updated. Many of them post the problem but do not update once they get the visa.

Archived