F1 to H4 stamping in Canada

riyaRHEA

Hi,

I have a situation and need advice: 

I am currently on F-1 working full time on CPT (second masters). I got married recently here in the US and the marriage is registered. 

I applied for H-1 this year and still waiting for results. With majority of the decisions revealed, i no longer hope about H-1. 

I am planning to go to Canada to get my H4 stamping done and apply for H4-EAD after coming back (my husband has an approved i-140)

With regards to the above case, i have a few questions: 

1. Can i go to Canada for H4 stamping or going  to home country is mandatory?

2.  If I get my H4 stamping done and come back to USA, and then came to know that my H1 is picked, Can I apply for COS from H4 to H1? 

3. with respect to question 2, can i still retain my H4 status even after my H1 is picked so that i can apply for H4-EAD.

17 hours ago, riyaRHEA said:

Hi,

I have a situation and need advice: 

I am currently on F-1 working full time on CPT (second masters). I got married recently here in the US and the marriage is registered. 

I applied for H-1 this year and still waiting for results. With majority of the decisions revealed, i no longer hope about H-1. 

I am planning to go to Canada to get my H4 stamping done and apply for H4-EAD after coming back (my husband has an approved i-140)

With regards to the above case, i have a few questions: 

1. Can i go to Canada for H4 stamping or going  to home country is mandatory?

2.  If I get my H4 stamping done and come back to USA, and then came to know that my H1 is picked, Can I apply for COS from H4 to H1? 

3. with respect to question 2, can i still retain my H4 status even after my H1 is picked so that i can apply for H4-EAD.

1. Yes, you can got o Canada.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

Archived