B2 Visa 221g for FIL, MIL issued Visa

rfs_3029

I applied for a B2 visit visa for my in-laws being the sole sponsor, my Mother-in-Law was issued visa, but Father-in-Law handed a 221g white slip and asked to respond to the additional information in the email. My Father-in-Law's passport was also returned. He is currently retired (retired in 2011 from defense department but was not a scientist) and has a steady pension along with full health insurance. He transferred all the property to his kids and stays with his mother, son and son's family. His siblings also live in the same city. The questionnaire from the consulate is as follows. What is the best way to answer these questions and what kind of supporting document are needed. He did not go anywhere outside India yet. 

In the interview the VO asked about me, my relation to him, my father in law gave my green card and marriage certificate, which the VO kept and returned my father-in-law's passport with white 221g. My mother-in-law was not asked any question and the status on her case file says Issued.

Please advise.

Applicant name:                      TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Date of birth:                          TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Place of birth:                         TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Father’s name:                        TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Mother’s name:                      TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Spouse’s name:                       TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Purpose of visit:                      TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Proposed date of U.S. arrival: TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Itinerary:                                 TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Sponsor name:                        TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Sponsoring institution:            TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE___________________________________

Sponsor Address:                     TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE___________________________________

U.S. contact name:                  TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

U.S. contact phone (home):    TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE___________________________________

U.S. contact phone (work):     TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

U.S. contact phone (other):     TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

U.S. contact e-mail:                TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Education:                               TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

University name:                     TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Course/subject of study:         TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Years attended:                       TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Current/recent research:       TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Planned research:                   TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

U.S. Academic Advisor:           TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Plans after return:                  TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

All prior U.S. visas (class, issue and expiration dates):         

TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

All prior passport numbers:   TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE____________________________________

Dates and countries of all past travel:

TYPE YOUR ANSWER HERE________________________________

Archived