H1B to H4 COS transition related

R_M_N

Hi,  I am on an H1B currently with an approved I140A under EB1A category. My job is potentially ending soon, and hence i haven't applied for I485 adjustment of status.

I am looking for COS to H4, based on my spouse's H1B, and have a few questions about that:

1. Since i am looking for jobs, can a new H1B still be filed for my while my H1B-H4 COS is pending?

2. While the H1B-H4 COS is pending and once H4 is approved, will there be any changes with respect to my current SSN, driver's license, bank accounts and credit cards etc? Can i continue maintaining them as it is, or do i need to inform the respective agencies?

3. While the H1B-H4 COS is pending and once H4 is approved, can i do unpaid volunteer work?

4. Any other changes i need to know once my status changes from H1B to H4?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Hi, my attorneys recommended that though technically not required, it's better to have a job AOS to prove engagement in the same field.

Could some one please clarify my questions regarding the H1B-H4 COS?

Thanks in advance

On 5/14/2017 at 1:11 PM, R_M_N said:

Hi,  I am on an H1B currently with an approved I140A under EB1A category. My job is potentially ending soon, and hence i haven't applied for I485 adjustment of status.

I am looking for COS to H4, based on my spouse's H1B, and have a few questions about that:

1. Since i am looking for jobs, can a new H1B still be filed for my while my H1B-H4 COS is pending?

2. While the H1B-H4 COS is pending and once H4 is approved, will there be any changes with respect to my current SSN, driver's license, bank accounts and credit cards etc? Can i continue maintaining them as it is, or do i need to inform the respective agencies?

3. While the H1B-H4 COS is pending and once H4 is approved, can i do unpaid volunteer work?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Yes.

Not needed.

Yes.

No.

Archived