International travel after notice for citizenship interview

mamit

I have received the online status update that my interview is being scheduled. I am assuming it will be about a month or so from today. Is it ok if I travel outside the US for couple of weeks. I will be back in time for the citizenship interview.

Is there any issues with this? I have heard people say that if you have been outside the country within a month of your citizenship interview, then then interviewer might not approve it. For example, if there was any clearance or so that was done before my case reached the interview status, they might ask to redo that clearance since I was outside the country. PS: I have no way of knowing if there was any clearance or so done on my case, meaning I didn't get any notification. After biometric, the interview is the very next communication I received from them.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, mamit said:

I have received the online status update that my case is "In line to be scheduled for an interview". I am assuming my interview will be about a month or so from today. Is it ok if I travel outside the US for couple of weeks. I will be back in time for the citizenship interview.

Is there any issues with this? I have heard people say that if you have been outside the country within a month of your citizenship interview, then then interviewer might not approve it. For example, if there was any clearance or so that was done before my case reached the interview status, they might ask to redo that clearance since I was outside the country. PS: I have no way of knowing if there was any clearance or so done on my case, meaning I didn't get any notification. After biometric, the interview is the very next communication I received from them.

Thanks.

Slight update to my original post:

I have received the online status update that my case is "In line to be scheduled for an interview". I am assuming my interview will be about a month or so from today. Is it ok if I travel outside the US for couple of weeks. I will be back in time for the citizenship interview.

"In line to be scheduled for an interview" does NOT mean that interview would be scheduled within a month. Currently, for many USCIS field offices, it is taking 4 to 5 months to get actual interview dates after your case goes in line for interview. You absolutely can travel while your N-400 application is pending and can tell officer about your travel dates during interview. They do add those dates to your application form during interview and that is all about it.

Archived