Date in I 94 and I 797 are different

Absolutelycool

Hi there ,

i recently visited India for 2 weeks and came back to us , my stamping was with company a which is valid till jun 2018, and my new I 797 with company b is valid till nov 2019.

at Poe they did not ask me for new i 797 ,they just took my passport and gave the admission date as in previous company stamping.

could you please let me know will it be an issue if the both dates are different?

do I need to vist cbp office and get it updated?

Thanks in advance 

The procedure is to call the CBP Office at the Airport and politely inform them that your I94 was wrongly dated and would they please correct it? If this did not work then talk to the company HR and lawyer. Do not tell them you did not bother to show the latest petition. Let them have the impression that the Officer made an error.

10 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

The procedure is to call the CBP Office at the Airport and politely inform them that your I94 was wrongly dated and would they please correct it? If this did not work then talk to the company HR and lawyer. Do not tell them you did not bother to show the latest petition. Let them have the impression that the Officer made an error.

Thank you ? i will give a try again as I went for name correction in i 94 it is done , when I asked for the date correction he didn't agree for it , I will call them again and try my luck , I still got one more year for my I 94 expiry 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived