Should I intimate my H1B approved status while filling my DS-160 form for my F1 Visa interview

Ravi Racherla

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks a lot to Murthy's Law form for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this forum.I want few suggestions and guidance from you people.I have applied for H1B through a employer in Apr 2015 and my H1B  got picked and also got  approved for 3 years.But now my employer is unable to provide me a client letter so I did not went for visa stamping nor I filled my DS-160 form for my H1B visa.My H1B visa is still valid for one more year till Oct 2018.Now I am planning for my masters in US and got my I-20 and booked my F1 visa slot.So,when I am filling my DS-160 form for the first time there is one Question saying  

1)Has anyone  ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ( ) yes  ( ) No -  What should be my Answer,Kindly suggest me .

2) What should be my answer at the time of Visa interview ,if the VO asks me why did I applied for H1B and why am I going for F1 visa now once again.How should I prove them that I am not a potential immigrant.

3) I am working in a single company since completion of my Btech,I have been working for 8 years Since,I am working in Information technology department. I am 30 years of age.So what should be my answer if the VO asks why am I going to MS now after a long period.

Kindly help me,because I am very much interested to pursue my MS which I should have done long before ,instead of getting diverted through other paths

Archived