When can I quit

h1b4eva

Hi,

I am currently on H-1B. I have a new job and my new employer has filed for the H-1B transfer. Sadly it has to be regular processing as premium processing is suspended. Here's my question: When is the soonest I can quit my current job? I work for a big company in silicone valley, moving to another big company in the area. The packet was sent on 5/4. I am itching to quit because I HATE my current job. What is the soonest I can quit without falling out of status/risking my visa transfer. Thanks. 

PS: I also have two weeks of vacation left at my current company. Is it possible/advisable to quit, and then take the two weeks vacation before my last day (Hence extending the official last day a bit)

21 minutes ago, h1b4eva said:

Hi,

I am currently on H-1B. I have a new job and my new employer has filed for the H-1B transfer. Sadly it has to be regular processing as premium processing is suspended. Here's my question: When is the soonest I can quit my current job? I work for a big company in silicone valley, moving to another big company in the area. The packet was sent on 5/4. I am itching to quit because I HATE my current job. What is the soonest I can quit without falling out of status/risking my visa transfer. Thanks. 

PS: I also have two weeks of vacation left at my current company. Is it possible/advisable to quit, and then take the two weeks vacation before my last day (Hence extending the official last day a bit)

You can start working on the receipt notice with the new company. So based on that and notice period with your current company, you can decide.

Archived