F2 visa for wife denied under 214 b reapplication help

akhil1109

I am studying MBA from a top 20 B-school in the US with over 90% scholarship. I wanted to have my wife and daughter come with me on F2 visa but it was denied last week. 

The biggest mistake was that she answered that she does not know yet my plans in the US. It was a bad answer and after that, she was asked how will we support a family of three. She answered that she has savings of 40k herself as she has worked many years. She did not mention that I already have scholarship and have the majority of the expenses covered as well. 

It is said that if a visa is denied with 214 b some circumstances should change before we apply for the visa. However, in my case, we did not prepare well for the interview. Should my wife say honestly that we were not prepared last time and now we have thought of our plan? With these in mind when we should reapply again. I have got a  good internship in a top firm with a good stipend and accommodation for 2.5 months since that time. 

Please suggest when we should reapply again and what new can be shown in an interview.

She made mistakes last time and it is ok to admit that she was not well prepared the last time for the interview. 
Please suggest 

12 hours ago, akhil1109 said:

I am studying MBA from a top 20 B-school in the US with over 90% scholarship. I wanted to have my wife and daughter come with me on F2 visa but it was denied last week. 

The biggest mistake was that she answered that she does not know yet my plans in the US. It was a bad answer and after that, she was asked how will we support a family of three. She answered that she has savings of 40k herself as she has worked many years. She did not mention that I already have scholarship and have the majority of the expenses covered as well. 

It is said that if a visa is denied with 214 b some circumstances should change before we apply for the visa. However, in my case, we did not prepare well for the interview. Should my wife say honestly that we were not prepared last time and now we have thought of our plan? With these in mind when we should reapply again. I have got a  good internship in a top firm with a good stipend and accommodation for 2.5 months since that time. 

Please suggest when we should reapply again and what new can be shown in an interview.

She made mistakes last time and it is ok to admit that she was not well prepared the last time for the interview. 
Please suggest 

Better to consult an immigration attorney. Murthy in Chennai can be of great help in these type of cases.

Archived