OPT STEM Extension and H1 Cap Gap

Avadh

Hi there,

Thanks to allow me to elaborate my issue over this platform.

Alright, So right now I am on OPT ( First Year) and it is expiring on 11th May 2017. Now, this year my employer filled H1B Visa petition and it is get selected in random Lottery based system.  So my university issues new H1 Cap Gap I20 to me between May 12 to September 30th Date. It is mentioned that I can stay and work in USA till that date.

However, if unfortunately, with My H1B application revoked or denied then what would be the issue? For the safer side should I need to apply to STEM Extension (As I am eligible for that) and yes then what would be the deadline for applying STEM Extension while I am on H1 Cap Gap?

So my ultimate question is what would be the deadline to apply for STEM Extension while I am on H1 Cap Gap?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Avadh.

13 hours ago, Avadh said:

Hi there,

Thanks to allow me to elaborate my issue over this platform.

Alright, So right now I am on OPT ( First Year) and it is expiring on 11th May 2017. Now, this year my employer filled H1B Visa petition and it is get selected in random Lottery based system.  So my university issues new H1 Cap Gap I20 to me between May 12 to September 30th Date. It is mentioned that I can stay and work in USA till that date.

However, if unfortunately, with My H1B application revoked or denied then what would be the issue? For the safer side should I need to apply to STEM Extension (As I am eligible for that) and yes then what would be the deadline for applying STEM Extension while I am on H1 Cap Gap?

So my ultimate question is what would be the deadline to apply for STEM Extension while I am on H1 Cap Gap?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Avadh.

You can apply for STEM extension before May 11th (OPT expiry date). After May 11th, you cannot apply.

Archived