EB2 or EB3 (3yrs Bachelor + 1yrs Post Graduation + 10yrs IT experience)?

Hi All, Good morning.

I have 3yrs (bachelor of Management Studies, India)  + 1yr (Post Graduation in IT, India) + 10 yrs IT exp(India +US). 

My company said they will file GC in EB3 category for me, but JD ask for either of below criteria.

1. Master’s degree or related field plus two (2) years
2. Bachelor’s + 5 years 
3. Combination of education and experience = bachelor’s degree.

I read around google and found that its the JD play major role to decide for EB category rather then your experience. Is it correct?

So, my questions are

1. "Is EB3 right as per JD"?
2. "What it takes in JD make it eligible for EB2 category"?

Please suggest so that I can go ahead with right decision.

Thanks

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

The statement "combination of education and experience =Bachelor's Degree" makes the job EB3. If they only need the first two criteria it would be EB2.

Thanks a lot for reply. Appreciated

Is my education and and experience looks ok to you for qualify for EB2 category? 

Firstly you need to get an educational equivalency if you have not yet, confirming your credentials equate to a 4 year US Degree. Then you have to realize that MS or BS plus Five years experience as a requirement makes it EB2. Masters plus 2 equates to Bachelors plus 7 years experience. Experience with the current company cannot be usually considered.

21 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Firstly you need to get an educational equivalency if you have not yet, confirming your credentials equate to a 4 year US Degree. Then you have to realize that MS or BS plus Five years experience as a requirement makes it EB2. Masters plus 2 equates to Bachelors plus 7 years experience. Experience with the current company cannot be usually considered.

Sounds good. Thanks a lot for your quick responses. I really appreciate it.

Archived