Multiple applications picked

futureresident

Hi, 

Two employers filed H1B petitions for me. Both got picked in the lottery. Both of them are legit companies and two different companies. I would like to remain with my current employer. So I asked another employer to drop the petition, but refusing to drop the petition. Will be there any complications when both applications are processed by USCIS? To be precise,

1. Will both my applications be rejected?

2. Will both applications get RFE, if so what kind of RFE's can be expected and how to respond?

3. If both get approved, what are my options?

Thank you very much in advance. 

On 5/5/2017 at 11:43 AM, futureresident said:

Hi, 

Two employers filed H1B petitions for me. Both got picked in the lottery. Both of them are legit companies and two different companies. I would like to remain with my current employer. So I asked another employer to drop the petition, but refusing to drop the petition. Will be there any complications when both applications are processed by USCIS? To be precise,

2. Will both applications get RFE, if so what kind of RFE's can be expected and how to respond?

1. No.

2. May be.

3. You can choose one.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:43 AM, futureresident said:

Hi, 

I think chances of being picked in lottery are same - when you have applied through one employer or two/more employers.  They pick by lottery from candidates who have H1B petitions, not by H1B applications.  

Going through multiple employers was unnecessary if that was the reason.

Answers from Sekhar are correct.

Archived