Need clarification regarding H1 to H4 status change

RamyaR

Hi team,

My 6-year H1-B expiring on June 14th, my employer filed labor on April 17th. If by June 14th my labor is not approved I want to change to H4 since my wife is on H1. My wife's company is going to file for her H1 B extension in next week probably since her visa is getting expired by September 1st.

1.Is it advisable for us to travel to India in June ? 

2.If so when can we go to India in June and return by July month end ?

3. Is my wife required to go to stamping ?? She had stamped visa till September.. will there be any problem for her to travel back since extension is applied??

4. Can I come along with her in July on H4 ??

5. If I can come to US on H4 , is it advisable to go to stamping based on my wife current H1 or extension will be in progress so I can't travel ??

please let me know how I can come back to US in July with her .. which status is allowed for me to come back to US.

pleade advise .. waiting for your reply

1. I suspect they cannot stop you from travelling. She might to like to run her plans by her HR.

2. Yes.

3. Since she already has a visa and since her extension is still pending she can return on the existing visa and existing H1 petition.

4. You will need a H4 visa based on her existing H1 petition and you will need to file for extension of H4 status based on her pending H1 extension, once you return.

5. See 4.

9 hours ago, RamyaR said:

Someone please reply to this post.

If you had paid attention, you would have noticed the text that posts have to be approved by a moderator. That takes a while.

Patience is a virtue...

In addition, we are all volunteers here. Everybody has a life.

Archived