H4 to F1 while H4 in extension

Sujithra

Hi, 

I would like to change my visa status from H4 to F1 as I have got an admission to PhD but my H4 visa is under extension and my I94 expired in 31, October 2016. My husband's H1B is also under extension (PP). I have received my I20 from the university and I chose the method of transfer of visa as, to travel to India and get my F1 visa stamped.

Will my visa under extension would become a problem to get F1 visa?  Please help.  

If I can get my F1 visa, can you explain how does it work?  

Thanks, 

Sujithra

16 hours ago, Sujithra said:

Hi, 

I would like to change my visa status from H4 to F1 as I have got an admission to PhD but my H4 visa is under extension and my I94 expired in 31, October 2016. My husband's H1B is also under extension (PP). I have received my I20 from the university and I chose the method of transfer of visa as, to travel to India and get my F1 visa stamped.

Will my visa under extension would become a problem to get F1 visa?  Please help.  

If I can get my F1 visa, can you explain how does it work?  

Thanks, 

Sujithra

No issues. Visa stamping is the best way to do change of status. Once you go out of the country and enter with F-1 visa USCIS will abandon your H-4 extension application.

Archived