SEVIS status completed after my STEM OPT denied

Hi,

I graduated April 24th, 2016 which was ACICS accreditation lost University by Dec 12th, 2016 . My Initial OPT will expire May 8th, 2017 and then I will have 60 days grace period. But today I called to SEVP to know the status of SEVIS as my H1B got picked up on lottery, They were saying that my SEVIS was completed.

I am suspecting that, my STEM OPT application received by USCIS on March 7th and rejected by April 21st, believe the same day the SEVIS went completed status. So what I need to do now as i have still one more week of VALID initial OPT and then 60 days grace period. Also I am working now. Please suggest me ASAP.

For the STEM OPT extension, the university has to be accredited when the extension is filed. It obviously isn't accredited, so filing for the extension was just a waste of time, which also may have cost you the cap-gap.

You need to discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

You mean CAP GAP also affect as this is not accredited and can not work?. I got reply from Sekhar that, you can apply for cap gap and it does not do anything with accreditation .

My Question is how to make it active status as I still have my Initial OPT period till May 8th, then 60 days Grace period.

Archived