H1B Transfer on receipt. Possible complications if Ex employer revokes visa before receiving transfer approval

Hi Everyone,

I have a rather generic but important question. In this current situation where premium processing is not available for 6 months, I am in a dilemma. I came to US with employer A a month ago and have an FTE offer from employer B now. I am planning to start working for employer B after receiving the receipt number.

I know that it is completely fine to start working for an employer on receipt number but what if Employer A revokes my visa after I resign from the company. Would that turn out to be a problem to me in future? Approval through normal processing might take somewhere between 6-9 months. So, I am concerned if I will be out of status once employer A revokes visa and I wait for transferapproval with a receipt number. I do not want to go into that limbo phase again as I have gone through the employer visa revocation once. So, eagerly waiting for an educated response on this Q

Sincerely,

KnowledgeSeeker

Hi,

I am in a similar situation.  The old employer is threatening me that he will revoke my H1b. I am also worried about the time lines. my employer withheld my April payslip. The new employer will file H1b transfer in mid of May.  So while filing for transfer i wont be having my most previous payslip.  Need your valuable suggestions to go further.

Can H1b transfer be filed without most recent payslip?

Can, in any way, my old employer cause issues in transfer process?

Regards

Harsha

If the employer doesn't pay you, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

An employer is required by law to inform USCIS if the person on H1 is no longer working there. That is an administrative thing, and has no effect on you. So stop being scared about that.

Archived