Does H1B Amendment really required for VISA stamping

vedalas

Hi Everyone,

I am on H1B visa. My VISA expired on Sep 2016. But i have my extension upto Jun 2019. 

My contract has been ended up with the current client. When my extension was filed, LCA, H1B amendment has been raised on the basis of my Client Location.

Now, I have to go India on my personal reason. As i will be stepping out of country, i need  to get my VISA stamped.

Can i go ahead directly for VISA stamping? Do i need any supporting documents from my earlier client? I can't get my Client Letter now.  

Can you please suggest what can i do now.

12 hours ago, vedalas said:

Hi Everyone,

I am on H1B visa. My VISA expired on Sep 2016. But i have my extension upto Jun 2019. 

My contract has been ended up with the current client. When my extension was filed, LCA, H1B amendment has been raised on the basis of my Client Location.

Now, I have to go India on my personal reason. As i will be stepping out of country, i need  to get my VISA stamped.

Can i go ahead directly for VISA stamping? Do i need any supporting documents from my earlier client? I can't get my Client Letter now.  

Can you please suggest what can i do now.

You are taking too much of a risk. You need to have a project  in hand and a client letter to prove your employment status. What if they give you a 221G asking for client info. You will be completely stuck. Better to travel after you get a new project and apply for amendment.

I feel it will be better for you if you can wait till you get next client. If next client and current H1B amendment client are in same MSA then no need of new amendment else you certainly need. No need to worry for client letter just have an email correspondence with your new manager stating that you cannot get client letter and take print out of this mail to visa interview. If possible postpone your travel till you find your next client and start working over there and get H1b amendment depending on clients location.

11 hours ago, shekar11# said:

You are taking too much of a risk. You need to have a project  in hand and a client letter to prove your employment status. What if they give you a 221G asking for client info. You will be completely stuck. Better to travel after you get a new project and apply for amendment.

Thank you for your valuable information. I'll try to get a project soon. Once i get a project, i'll apply for H1B Amendment. 

Once i apply for H1B Amendment, it might take quite longer time to get my approval as there is no premium processing now. But I have to go to India by June 2017. Can i go for stamping while my H1B amendment is in progress?

Suggest me a way.

11 hours ago, vedalas said:

Thank you for your valuable information. I'll try to get a project soon. Once i get a project, i'll apply for H1B Amendment. 

Once i apply for H1B Amendment, it might take quite longer time to get my approval as there is no premium processing now. But I have to go to India by June 2017. Can i go for stamping while my H1B amendment is in progress?

Suggest me a way.

Yes, you can. Make sure you take the receipt with you.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:29 AM, shekar11# said:

Yes, you can. Make sure you take the receipt with you.

Good to know. Thanks Shekar. But what would one fill in ds160, the Old receipt number? Or pending amendment number?

Also, Lca would have previous client. So, where do you intend to work, would have the new client name and address right? Or would it be employer? In a Evc type. Assuming new clients and vendor have given letters.

On 5/7/2017 at 7:09 AM, Ginger11 said:

Good to know. Thanks Shekar. But what would one fill in ds160, the Old receipt number? Or pending amendment number?

Also, Lca would have previous client. So, where do you intend to work, would have the new client name and address right? Or would it be employer? In a Evc type. Assuming new clients and vendor have given letters.

Old DS-160 number. Employer address.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I am in somewhat similar situation.

Current H1b and I-94 is approved till May 2020. Last stamping got expired on Dec 2016.

Planing to go to India for personal Reason, so have to go for Stamping as well.

Just change a client and waiting my employer to file for new H1b Amendment.

Is is ok to go for stamping with OLD H1b or should I wait for New H1b amendment ?

Archived