H1B 6th Year on verge of layoff - 140 approved 2 months back

Hi, I am on verge of losing job with current employer who filed GC and 140 approved two months back. My 6 years of H1 expires on Dec 31st 2017. What are my options:

1. If I join a consultant immediately, how much time I have for Transfer, Labor filing and get an extension for one year so that I can say in US.

2. Can I use the existing 140 provided I get hold of the number and till when.

3. Will employers revoke 140 immediately if so does it mean my PD date is only lost and nothing else.

Please help with all questions - Thank you.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, GSeemakurthy said:

Hi, I am on verge of losing job with current employer who filed GC and 140 approved two months back. My 6 years of H1 expires on Dec 31st 2017. What are my options:

1. If I join a consultant immediately, how much time I have for Transfer, Labor filing and get an extension for one year so that I can say in US.

2. Can I use the existing 140 provided I get hold of the number and till when.

3. Will employers revoke 140 immediately if so does it mean my PD date is only lost and nothing else.

Please help with all questions - Thank you.

If your employer doesn't revoke your I140, it can be used by any other employer for H1 extn/transfer beyond 6 years. on the other hand, after 180 days of your I140 approval, there is no effect even your employer revokes it.

Archived