Green Card Renewal of Children after 10 years Validity

I need some urgent Advice please.

While I was filling up form I-90 for my children, I am slightly confused on ticking the right option under Part 2 Application Type "Purpose of Filing I-90 (there are many options from 2a ....... to 2j). My one son is already 18 years old now. Other son  will be 16 years in June 2nd week. Both the sons have completed 14th birth day and their GCs are expiring in 3rd week of June'17 after completion of 16 years age. So it looks we have to tick on option 2g2 (after completing 14 years of age and GC expiring after completing 16 years of age). Else we can also tick on option 2f (my existing card has either expired or will expire within 6 months). We have neither made any registration after completing 14 years of age nor we were asked to do so by USCIS while issuing Re-Entry permits (after attaining the age of 14 years)

Two options are applicable in case of my two sons, 2g2 as well as 2f. We have to click on ONLY ONE OPTION. To be on safer side, Can we simply click on option 2f (that is my card has either expired or will expire within 6 months). Fee amount is not of concern with us.

Would someone kindly suggest which is the right option to be clicked in case of my two sons (18 years and 16 years old).

Regards!

Archived