Unable to get detailed experience letter from previous employer

shah11

Hi,

My previous employer XYZ provided me a very generic experience letter describing the duties associated with our group along with my title, start date and end dates. Now I have the following questions.  

1) In order to prove that I do have the required technical skills, can I get an affidavit letter from my ex-manager & colleague (who is no longer working with employer XYZ) listing my detailed skillset?  And can I use the generic experience letter along with the affidavit letters to prove the necessary skillset?

2) If the answer to the above question is yes, then do I need to obtain the employment verification letters from my ex-manager & colleagues (capturing the name, title, start date and end date) to prove that they were employed with employer XYZ during that time frame?  In the affidavit letter they have already mentioned their tenure.

3) If the answer to the above question is yes, then what are the alternatives if the employer XYZ is not ready to provide the employment verification letter to my ex-manager & colleague?  Would I be able to use the affidavit without their employment verification letter?

Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Archived