SPOUSE VISITOR VISA REJECTED, CAN I APPLY FOR F2 while i am graduating in May 2017?

sameerahmed

I came here in U.S last year on F-1 visa, after few months of my departure my wife applied visitor’s visa from my home country which was rejected twice.

During the last interview (about 3 months back) after long series of questions, visa officer told my wife that you have applied in wrong category, you should have applied for F2 visa instead of visitors visa.

I am graduating next month (MAY 2017), but my university has lost accreditation due to ACICS issue. Question is that should I apply for F2 visa for my family to attend the graduation ceremony, as university will provide the invitation letter and I-20s or should I wait for my OPT and then apply after getting job?

49 minutes ago, sameerahmed said:

I came here in U.S last year on F-1 visa, after few months of my departure my wife applied visitor’s visa from my home country which was rejected twice.

During the last interview (about 3 months back) after long series of questions, visa officer told my wife that you have applied in wrong category, you should have applied for F2 visa instead of visitors visa.

I am graduating next month (MAY 2017), but my university has lost accreditation due to ACICS issue. Question is that should I apply for F2 visa for my family to attend the graduation ceremony, as university will provide the invitation letter and I-20s or should I wait for my OPT and then apply after getting job?

F-2 is only for spouse and children. For inviting other family members you need to apply visitor visa.

Archived