H1B extension filed on 3/20 but no receipt number yet

Sagar Mamidi

Hi All,

My employer has filed for my H1B extension in PP and the application has reached USCIS on 3/20 (FedEx tracking). On 3/31 we received an email stating that my file has been transferred to Nebraska service center for processing. Till date we have not received a receipt number. I have read many post in this forum that people are receiving receipt number & approvals who have filed before 3/31.  This got me curious, is this normal or is it something I need to escalate? Is anyone else in boat? Please advise.

Hi Sagar,

I am on the same boat till now.What I heard from my attorney that this delay is normal nowadays because of high flux of petitions at last stage.They advised to wait.There is nothing we can do till we get the receipt number & perhaps USCIS also know that if we get receipt number very late, company will not be able to put any inquiry.

On 4/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, quest2010 said:

You can find the receipt number stamped at the back of the payment check given with your application. If the check has been cashed you can find the images in your employers bank statement etc.

@quest2010 I agree but unfortunately check has not been en-cashed yet, still waiting. Thank you for your response.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:46 AM, Piku said:

Hi Sagar,

I am on the same boat till now.What I heard from my attorney that this delay is normal nowadays because of high flux of petitions at last stage.They advised to wait.There is nothing we can do till we get the receipt number & perhaps USCIS also know that if we get receipt number very late, company will not be able to put any inquiry.

@Piku your post makes me feel little better but I still hope we get our approvals soon. Thank you for your response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, 

Did any of you receive the receipt number.

My case is, I got updated I-20 from school  and it shows that my case got picked in lottery and there is a receipt number which shows that they have send RFE, but the employer did not receive any notice regarding receipt number or RFE. 

Can you guys please update that whether you receive the receipt number and when and how? 

Thanks!

Archived