H4 Stay Question

veda99

Applied for H1b Extension + H4 extension + H4-EAD on Mar 27th, 2017. Haven't received the receipt yet. Employer said he did it premium and changed his word saying not sure and may have filed under regular, Watever!

All above mentioned visa's expires on Sep!

So with H1b receipt can H4 dependent stay in USA? Read somewhere that H4 goes out of status once H1 gets out of status! As H1 applicants can stay for certain period (240 days I guess)!

If that is not the case then is going back to home country is the only option for H4 dependent?

On 4/21/2017 at 6:56 PM, veda99 said:

Applied for H1b Extension + H4 extension + H4-EAD on Mar 27th, 2017. Haven't received the receipt yet. Employer said he did it premium and changed his word saying not sure and may have filed under regular, Watever!

All above mentioned visa's expires on Sep!

So with H1b receipt can H4 dependent stay in USA? Read somewhere that H4 goes out of status once H1 gets out of status! As H1 applicants can stay for certain period (240 days I guess)!

If that is not the case then is going back to home country is the only option for H4 dependent?

Don't worry too much. Your I-94's are expiring in September. You have lot of time. Issuing receipts is taking a bit of time from USCIS side. You should get the receipts for H-4 within next 2 or 3 weeks.

UPDATE:

My petition has been rejected saying it does not come under Jurisdiction!

Last approval was from VSC! 

Since Mid or late 2016 aren't we supposed to send to NSC?

Did not change the employer or location or client since my last approval! Petition was sent to NSC. refiled and sent to same NSC center.

Archived