H1B Stamping in Tijuna MX

Peripiri

I am plaining to travel to Tijuna ,Mexico for my  H1B visa stamping in May.My last  H1B visa stamping was in 2015 in Tijuna. Any comments or experience anybody can post will be appreciated. My H1 B visa will expiry in June 2017. Do I need need to get the Mexico  visa? Thanks in advance 

12 hours ago, Peripiri said:

I am plaining to travel to Tijuna ,Mexico for my  H1B visa stamping in May.My last  H1B visa stamping was in 2015 in Tijuna. Any comments or experience anybody can post will be appreciated. My H1 B visa will expiry in June 2017. Do I need need to get the Mexico  visa? Thanks in advance 

No need. You have a valid US visa stamping. You should be good.

On 4/24/2017 at 11:34 AM, raju.s said:

On the safety wise how was your experience back in 2015 ?

Heard you can bargain on taxi and hotel prices also some travel restrictions.

Well it was when the DOS computer issues  so I got my passport back and came back. Finally in August they responded via email that my visa was ready and I can to get it. I had parked my car at the Border and walked through no issues no questions . took the taxi and went to the hotel. any other details let me know. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 11:05 PM, Peripiri said:

Well it was when the DOS computer issues  so I got my passport back and came back. Finally in August they responded via email that my visa was ready and I can to get it. I had parked my car at the Border and walked through no issues no questions . took the taxi and went to the hotel. any other details let me know. 

Got my visa stamped at Tijuna on May 11th. Did finger prinitng on the 8th and 9th was interview, only asked if it was a renewal and if I was with the same company  and salary. No documents were checked, the next day was Mothers day and the consulate was closed therefore got the passport with the visa on May 11th. Check for holidays when making plans for travel. 

I drove to Tijuna no questions asked and used the local taxi while at there. Driving back and not bad at all, it took about an hour to cross the border and then had to get the I-94 and that took a bit of time but it was all good as the traffic rush was gone. Ask the Border ask the officer for I-94 and then  you will have to go a secondary inspections and they will take you to a building where you the six dollars and get your I-94.

I had already got my visa stamped at Tijuana in 2014, this was my second time, I had a I-140 approved.

Thanks for the post and experience that people have posted,  it helps. Any questions please post and I will try my best to answer. 

12 hours ago, Peripiri said:

Got my visa stamped at Tijuna on May 11th. Did finger prinitng on the 8th and 9th was interview, only asked if it was a renewal and if I was with the same company  and salary. No documents were checked, the next day was Mothers day and the consulate was closed therefore got the passport with the visa on May 11th. Check for holidays when making plans for travel. 

I drove to Tijuna no questions asked and used the local taxi while at there. Driving back and not bad at all, it took about an hour to cross the border and then had to get the I-94 and that took a bit of time but it was all good as the traffic rush was gone. Ask the Border ask the officer for I-94 and then  you will have to go a secondary inspections and they will take you to a building where you the six dollars and get your I-94.

I had already got my visa stamped at Tijuana in 2014, this was my second time, I had a I-140 approved.

Thanks for the post and experience that people have posted,  it helps. Any questions please post and I will try my best to answer. 

Congratulations of receiving Visa at Tijuana.

Quick questions

1 Which hotel did you stay ?

2 POE Question/Answers if any ?

I am planning to go next month at end of JUNE. 

Others who plan to renew in Tijuana,

please let me know if anyone wants to tag along.

9 hours ago, Vips1982 said:

Congratulations of receiving Visa at Tijuana.

Quick questions

1 Which hotel did you stay ?

2 POE Question/Answers if any ?

I am planning to go next month at end of JUNE. 

Others who plan to renew in Tijuana,

please let me know if anyone wants to tag along.

1.hyatt place - the ASC I one or two blocks way do not carry any electronic just passport, receipt and I - 797  and ds -160 

2.no  documents askeds just if it was renewal , company I work for and name, salary said visa was approved . 

Archived