H1B extension is pending for more than 7 months

Praveen001

Hi

My H1 visa transfer cum extension was submitted on 08.29.2016 and I got the receipt on 09.01.2016. I joined a new company on 09.19.2016 when My New company HR and Attorney told me that the H1 visa transfer has been registered with the USCIS system.

Since then I am waiting for the petition approval. It's been 202 days since the visa/I-94 expiration(expired on 10.01.2016). My attorney was not interested for premium processing previously now anyway there is no chance for it. My HR told me recently that nothing we can do at this moment except waiting for the response.

Now I am not sure about the next steps. And I have the following doubts,

can I stay and work in the US even after May 28 2017 if I won't get an approval before the end of my grace period ? Is it a legal stay?

what are the next steps in this case?

Could someone answer my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Praveen.

18 hours ago, Praveen001 said:

Hi

My H1 visa transfer cum extension was submitted on 08.29.2016 and I got the receipt on 09.01.2016. I joined a new company on 09.19.2016 when My New company HR and Attorney told me that the H1 visa transfer has been registered with the USCIS system.

Since then I am waiting for the petition approval. It's been 202 days since the visa/I-94 expiration(expired on 10.01.2016). My attorney was not interested for premium processing previously now anyway there is no chance for it. My HR told me recently that nothing we can do at this moment except waiting for the response.

Now I am not sure about the next steps. And I have the following doubts,

can I stay and work in the US even after May 28 2017 if I won't get an approval before the end of my grace period ? Is it a legal stay?

what are the next steps in this case?

Could someone answer my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Praveen.

You can stay but you need to stop working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived