we reopened your Form I539 question

kcm1212

Hello All,

We filed for Visa extension for my mom last year while she was here for an extra month, she was supposed to leave on December 18th and we filed for a extension in November requesting her stay till January 20 2017 as I will be performing my Dad's annual death rites here in US. She left on January 20th and the application was in processing until today and just now got an alert saying that  "On April 18, 2017, we reopened your Form I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS, Receipt Number EAC******, and are reconsidering our earlier decision ".

What does this mean? Is this something we need to worry about ? We are planning on buying ticket for her this July to come visit us.

Please let us know your experiences or advise..

On 4/19/2017 at 10:33 PM, kcm1212 said:

Hello All,

We filed for Visa extension for my mom last year while she was here for an extra month, she was supposed to leave on December 18th and we filed for a extension in November requesting her stay till January 20 2017 as I will be performing my Dad's annual death rites here in US. She left on January 20th and the application was in processing until today and just now got an alert saying that  "On April 18, 2017, we reopened your Form I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS, Receipt Number EAC******, and are reconsidering our earlier decision ".

What does this mean? Is this something we need to worry about ? We are planning on buying ticket for her this July to come visit us.

Please let us know your experiences or advise..

Wait for a decision before you buy the ticket.

• 1 month later...

Archived