can I go to Canada for the First time H1b visa stamping

srm007

Hi,

My h1b visa got approved in October 2016, so far I haven't go for H1b visa stamping.I have two questions regarding stamping,

1. Can I go to Canada for the first time H1b visa stamping?since I have completed my master's in Michigan also currently working in Michigan too.    

2. Is there any time limit that I need to get visa stamped within one year of visa change of status from F1 to H1b?

Thank you.

12 hours ago, srm007 said:

Hi,

My h1b visa got approved in October 2016, so far I haven't go for H1b visa stamping.I have two questions regarding stamping,

1. Can I go to Canada for the first time H1b visa stamping?since I have completed my master's in Michigan also currently working in Michigan too.    

2. Is there any time limit that I need to get visa stamped within one year of visa change of status from F1 to H1b?

Thank you.

1. Yes, you can go to Canada.

2. There is no time limit. You can go whenever you get time.

As per my knowledge 

1. Yes (There were some news in 2015 where the employee is required to go to home country but did not hear anything back)

2. There is not timeline. Its good to get it done when all things are in your favor (i.e Work Load/Employer Support/Client Letter) before its too late (i.e Job Location Change/Travel etc)

Archived