H4 Stamping

xplorehari

Hi,

I am on H1b which will expire on Feb 2018 and i am getting married on June and planning to do the stamping for H4 for my wife in July first week of 2017.Following are my questions

1)Is it ok to go for H4 stamping with just 6 months of Stamp leftout in Principal H1b holder

2)Should i join my spouse during visa interview on safer side considering the stricter rules these days...

Regards,

chetan

Hi Chetan,

Firstly congratulations for your wedding !

Now, coming on to your query :

1) I don't think that should be a problem, however she would get her visa expiry in accordance with the principal H1b holder visa expiry. Like if you have 6 months remaining for visa expiry she may  get the same exact date of expiry on her Visa.

2) Well, even if you join her on visa interview the embassy would not allow you to accompany inside their working premises. Only the applicant has to go inside the embassy office or even if you are going for documents submission. 

This information is purely on my experience however, a second advise is always better.

Regards,

Tanvi N

16 hours ago, xplorehari said:

Hi,

I am on H1b which will expire on Feb 2018 and i am getting married on June and planning to do the stamping for H4 for my wife in July first week of 2017.Following are my questions

1)Is it ok to go for H4 stamping with just 6 months of Stamp leftout in Principal H1b holder

2)Should i join my spouse during visa interview on safer side considering the stricter rules these days...

Regards,

chetan

1. Yes, no issues.

2. If you also have to go for stamping, both can go together. If not she has to go alone.

Archived