I-485 RFE - Need Help!

Ryu

Hey Everyone, 

I'm in the process of responding to a RFE that I'm hoping that the experts on here can assist with. 

While filing for my I-485, I didn't have the H-1B approval with my current employer due to USCIS processing times, I received the approval notice after I applied for the I-485. I supplied the H-1B approval document that I had with my previous employer. Basically USCIS needs proof of my employment authorization with my current employer, which is fine I can provide the approval notice that I have received. 

My only question is, is the approval notice enough or do I need to supply any documentation for the period of employment while I was waiting for the H-1B approval notice with my current employer, basically for when I changed employers and was primarily working on a receipt notice, which was acquired prior to my employment. 

My attorney stated that the approval notice is important and not the receipt notice, whereas the RFE does state proof of employment authorization that's granted by USCIS, which I would think indicates Approvals only. But I'm just trying to avoid another RFE of USCIS saying to provide proof that employment conducted during this period was authorized by USCIS. 

Has anyone had to tackle this in the past ? Appreciate any insight on this. 

Archived