H4 Visa Application and Stamping Process

thirumalair

Hi,

Could you please review my case and share your feedback?

My wife who already has H4 visa went back to India and her H4 is expired. Then I recently got my H1B visa extended.  When i extended, I got I-797 Approval Notice only for me.

Now what is the process for her to come back to USA on H4 Visa again? 

Can she go with my most recent I-797 (Primary Applicant) & additional docs for Visa Stamping?  OR......

Should I need to work with my employer to apply fresh H4 petition for her? The reason for this confusion is that I have few past I-797 with my wife's name for H4. so I was wondering if she need new  I-797 (H4) with her name in it. 

Appreciate all your help! Thanks!

15 hours ago, thirumalair said:

Hi,

Could you please review my case and share your feedback?

My wife who already has H4 visa went back to India and her H4 is expired. Then I recently got my H1B visa extended.  When i extended, I got I-797 Approval Notice only for me.

Now what is the process for her to come back to USA on H4 Visa again? 

Can she go with my most recent I-797 (Primary Applicant) & additional docs for Visa Stamping?  OR......

Should I need to work with my employer to apply fresh H4 petition for her? The reason for this confusion is that I have few past I-797 with my wife's name for H4. so I was wondering if she need new  I-797 (H4) with her name in it. 

Appreciate all your help! Thanks!

She can directly go for stamping using your new approved I-797.

Archived