sid82

L1A - Eligibility

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I worked for company A (a global s/w company) in India for ~2.5 years. I moved to company B which is based in the US. Company B sponsored my H1B. I have been working for Company B for ~1 year now. Now Company A is offering me a managerial role in their US office. This might sound absurd, but asking it anyways. Can company A hire me on an L1A given I worked with them in their India office for 2+ years? Since I left employment in company A in between, will that preclude them from going with L1A option? 

Regards, 
Sid

Opinion not a legal advice.

Since L visas are for intra company transfer, I doubt 'A' can hire you on L visa within US, unless they are hiring you from India entity and later transfering you to US.

I was hired by an organization A in the US on TN. I was relocated back to Canada in Aug 2016 to work for the same organization A. Since then I visited 3-4 times to the US for a total of 10 days. Not the same organization was to relocate me back to the US and I'm trying to drag/delay it till I become eligible for L1.

Can some someone clarify when I become eligible for L1 to move back to the USA? I am a Canadian citizen born.

thanks