H1B Hyderabad Visa Stamping, Employer change, Dropbox..

non_immigrant

Current situation: Working for Company A that got acquired by Company B in 2015. Company B amended my I-140 that was started by Company A. Got I-140 approval via Company B subsequently. Existing H1B visa expired in Feb 2017. Company B applied for H1B extension in nov 2016. Got H1B extension until 2020. Had to visit a european country via Company B for a biz trip. Came to India for visa stamping. Qualified for IWP on cgifederal web site

10th April 2017: 

Dropped documents (DS-160 confirmation page, Current & Previous approved I-797s, 2 Photos, Dropoff confirmation letter, current & expired passports). The person in the counter said,
"Sir, did you change your company?"
My Answer: Yes. 
Response: You processing is complete and you will get a mail or message in 3 - 5 business days. 

Since 11th April 2017: Status page shows  the below

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Application ID or Case Number:  XXXXXXXX
Case Created: 11-Apr-2017
Case Last Updated: 11-Apr-2017

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. 
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad.

Lot of other web pages say the "Administrative Processing" is a normal interim status. Would changing the company have any impact in how the visa is processed? Does any one have any advice? Is this normal? 14th April was a holiday for good friday.
It's been in that status since 11th April. My return flight back to the US is on 20th April. Fingers crossed. 

Tried calling the US Consulate # - got auto message prompting to enter UID to track passport - Where can I find UID?

• 1 month later...

Archived