Non-compete agreement issue

getr

Hi, 

I am working  with L2 EAD. I have run into an issue with one of the consultancies. Here goes my issues  

Few months back i was contacted by a consultancy A, who directed me to a consultancy B for a potential job interview. I attended the interview with consultancy B and got through the interview. I got an agreement from consultancy A , but before i started working i received a phone call from A saying project is on hold. Few days later i was contacted by consultancy B  who made me work with consultancy C ,so i am currently working under consultancy C with the same client.  Now few days back consultancy A is threatening saying that you have a contract with us and you cannot work for the client or any of the customers of B directly or indirectly.  

The contract has a non-compete agreement stating that I cannot work with my current client directly or indirectly. I was NOT in payroll of consultancy A nor have i received any compensation of any sorts. Basically i have not worked a single day with A. My question is can consultancy A sue me in anyways ?.  Please any help or direction in this matter would be appreciated. 

We have contract with A and C, and currently work with C. But consultancy A's contract says that we cannot work for the end customer or any of the customers of B directly or indirectly. Also, the A contract states that the agreement starts from Jan, but the project was never kicked off so would'nt that void the agreement ?. We are planning to get in touch with labor lawyer and get the agreement validated in any case just to be on the safer side.  

16 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

I strongly urge you to get a LABOR Lawyer in the state to look in to the situation. Did you sign contracts with A and B? How does one make someone work without their consent? I suspect you will be able to get out of this situation. Get a lawyer involved.

Thank you, will do as you have advised. 

Archived