Do I need to go for stamping?

indpraveen.ji

Hi,

My current H1B visa stamped on my passport is valid till Sep 2017, I am travelling to India this June with my new I797 which is approved till December 2018. Please clarify my below doubts.

1. Do I need to go for Stamping if I am coming back by Mid of July?

2. I believe drop box is still available, hope I will be eligible for that.

3. My current LCA SOC (ONET/OES) code is 15-1131 and SOC (ONET/OES) occupation title is Computer Programmers, having a 4 year B.Tech graduation and 11 years of IT experience will there be any issues for me when I go for stamping?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

On 4/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, raju.s said:

If your visa is valid till Sep 2017 there is no need to go for stamping in mid of July. Check your I-94 deadline it will match with the visa date.

Your new I797 (Dec 2018) will require an interview which you can avoid for now.

Thanks Raju, I have already filled DS160 and paid amount for the drop box. Yes my i-94 is valid till end of Dec 2018, will there be any issues in drop box now  if my current LCA SOC (ONET/OES) code is 15-1131 and SOC (ONET/OES) occupation title is Computer Programmers?

On 4/17/2017 at 9:56 AM, NonprofitH1B said:

You do not need to go for stamping. 

Are you not renewing your 797 which is expiring in Dec? You can do that first and then go for stamping too

Thanks for your input, my 797C is expiring in Dec 2018 only, so I will be renewing before that but I am thinking to do H1 transfer before that.

On 4/25/2017 at 4:11 PM, indpraveen.ji said:

Thanks Raju, I have already filled DS160 and paid amount for the drop box. Yes my i-94 is valid till end of Dec 2018, will there be any issues in drop box now  if my current LCA SOC (ONET/OES) code is 15-1131 and SOC (ONET/OES) occupation title is Computer Programmers?

One of my friend's went for stamping with same codes. He had no issues.

Archived