PERM after Visa Expiry

Arun217

Hi,

My company is initiating my green card (EB2) and i have only 6 months left on my H1B (to hit the max out). With the current progress, even though my company applies, I do not think I will get my PERM within the expiry of my visa. In such case, can i travel back to India after visa expiry and come back once I get my PERM approval? Thanks.

I am in the same boat, here are two things you need do,

1. Get you i-140 approve (normal - 8 months or premium - 15 days for an extra $$$)

2. Have your 797-petition approved (note - premium processing is suspended currently) then have your visa stamped.

3. Come back to USA 

Looking at the timeline PWD - 4 months, PERM - 4 months, i-140- 2 weeks, H1B- 3-4 months)

Hope this help.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:46 PM, talkwithkrish said:

I am in the same boat, here are two things you need do,

1. Get you i-140 approve (normal - 8 months or premium - 15 days for an extra $$$)

2. Have your 797-petition approved (note - premium processing is suspended currently) then have your visa stamped.

3. Come back to USA 

Looking at the timeline PWD - 4 months, PERM - 4 months, i-140- 2 weeks, H1B- 3-4 months)

Hope this help.

Thanks talkwithkrish.

Do you mean to say i will still be eligible to come back if my PERM gets approved after the expiry of my VISA?

Also do you know if we can get a year's extension on H1B just with PERM?

Archived