221_g and follow-up in-person interview

elango1234

Situation :
I work for company A and have I-140 approved and my second term H1B visa stamp nearing to end on May 17th, 2017. 
Based on my approved I-140, Received I-797 with a spelling mistake on my last name & visa type.
After a month of chasing, I Received corrected I-797 with a validity period for another 3 years ( up to may 2020 ).

Complication 1: 
Within that gap of one month, I did avail drop box feature for visa stamping with typo error I-797 in home country ( lawyer mentioned to go for dropbox with erroneous I-797 since it got already corrected in USCIS system ).  Unfortunately, US Embassy in the home country issued 221(g) and given the time of 1 year to appear in-person interview with the necessary document.
Since I don't have enough time before my return date to the USA, I flew back to the USA without appearing for the interview.

Complication 2:
I got an offer in company B. They are likely to apply for H1B transfer now. 

Solution approach:
Option 1: Explain your current situation to company B; their lawyer team will handle it properly
Option 2: Before initiate H1B transfer with company B, appear for visa interview ( Using company A - I-797 ) and resolve the existing 221(g) issue. Then initiate transfer H1B with company B.

23 hours ago, elango1234 said:

Situation :
I work for company A and have I-140 approved and my second term H1B visa stamp nearing to end on May 17th, 2017. 
Based on my approved I-140, Received I-797 with a spelling mistake on my last name & visa type.
After a month of chasing, I Received corrected I-797 with a validity period for another 3 years ( up to may 2020 ).

Complication 1: 
Within that gap of one month, I did avail drop box feature for visa stamping with typo error I-797 in home country ( lawyer mentioned to go for dropbox with erroneous I-797 since it got already corrected in USCIS system ).  Unfortunately, US Embassy in the home country issued 221(g) and given the time of 1 year to appear in-person interview with the necessary document.
Since I don't have enough time before my return date to the USA, I flew back to the USA without appearing for the interview.

Complication 2:
I got an offer in company B. They are likely to apply for H1B transfer now. 

Solution approach:
Option 1: Explain your current situation to company B; their lawyer team will handle it properly
Option 2: Before initiate H1B transfer with company B, appear for visa interview ( Using company A - I-797 ) and resolve the existing 221(g) issue. Then initiate transfer H1B with company B.

Go with option 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived