H1B Extn and H4 Extn applied together - H1B Extn applied/got approved in PP - H4 Extn applied in regular & is still pending

On 5/15/2017 at 4:46 PM, vj_chan said:

Same thing here at Nebraska Premium Processing !! H4 went to a "Name was updated" status since May 1.

H1 Timeline
04/04/2017 - We received your request for premium-processing of your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and mailed you a receipt notice.

04/05/2017 - We received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center location.

04/10/2017 - We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

H4 Timeline
03/27/2017 - We received your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status.

05/01/2017 - On May 1, 2017, we updated your name for your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status

Same here

03/28/2017-case was received

05/09/2017-name was updated

Just got the H4 and H4 EAD approval. Applied around March 17th and got the approval on June 2nd. So it took around 2 and a half months.

My wife called the processing center on 5/29 (4 days ago) and the guy said it will probably take around 6 months and asked her to wait patiently as they have a mountain load of applications and the apps that came in before her app are still pending. So if anyone got the same stereotypical response over phone, please do not be disheartened. I guess that's just a cookie cutter response.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:53 PM, jits.solanki said:

Hi All, 

My H1B In premium and H4 both were applied on March 23rd 2017. On April 6th 2017 my H1B was approved in Premium. However my H4 still shows pending as of today - 06/05/2017. I am waiting for it to get approved.

if anyone has received any latest approvals Please update. 

Did u get approval??

Hi All,

My H1-B Extension and H4- Extension for my wife was applied together in Premium on 03/27. My extension was approved on 04/20 and later case was updated on 05/19 that USCIS will refund the premium application fees. I am thinking maybe since it took more than 15 days to approve, they refunded the premium fees. There is no further update on H-4 extension - Last update is of  March 27, 2017, case received. Since they refunded the premium fees, will H4 now be processes under normal/regular queue and would take much longer time for approval. Please suggest

Hi All,

My H1B extension was filled in Nov 2016 premium processing got approved in 1 week for 1year :(, But my Wife's H4 is still even today in case received after 8 months.

Mean while I applied for another extension which got approved for 2years and her 2nd H4 petition is also not approved yet.

Not sure what is happening here, attorney raised service request due date is july 1st..wish us luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 2:53 PM, jits.solanki said:

Hi All, 

My H1B In premium and H4 both were applied on March 23rd 2017. On April 6th 2017 my H1B was approved in Premium. However my H4 still shows pending as of today - 06/05/2017. I am waiting for it to get approved.

if anyone has received any latest approvals Please update. 

Update - My H4 got approved on June 7th and I received the petition copy on June 28th 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, My H1b extension was submitted in July 2018 and approved in May, 2019 after converting into premium but my wife's H4 status still in pending status. H4 was submitted along with h1 in July, 2018.... Any ideas on further steps ? do we need to wait or can we contact someone for enquiry ?

Adding to that, can she travel to India without H4 approval ? what would be the scenarios while she coming back ?

Thanks, 

Edited by Bhav15