H1 Extension Pending can Spouse travel on (B1/B2/Visitor ) visa

vijaynsusi

I Filed  H1 Extension on October 18th  waiting for approval  , spouse not having visa  want to travel to usa  on  (B1/B2/Visitor ) visa  .

Can Spouse travel to USA on  (B1/B2/Visitor ) visa   while h1 Extension pending  since  spouse cannot apply for H4 visa .

Please suggest me options how can  spouse travel to USA.

Thank You

Vijay

• 4 months later...

Even I have the same doubt here. My Visa is under extension and not able to file  H4 for my wife. Although I have filed for my extension 2 months ago,I understand it will take time for decision to be made on my extension. And my wife would be travelling only for 2 months. So just wanted to know if instead of H4, can she travel on B2 Visa? What are the risks involved? 

• 5 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, rmali2183 said:

Even I have the same doubt here. My Visa is under extension and not able to file  H4 for my wife. Although I have filed for my extension 2 months ago,I understand it will take time for decision to be made on my extension. And my wife would be travelling only for 2 months. So just wanted to know if instead of H4, can she travel on B2 Visa? What are the risks involved? 

I am in same situation. Can you please suggest what happened in your case. Weither you applied for B1/B2 visitor?

Archived