N-400 processing times post biometrics

shandan

Hi,

I filled for N-400 in the month of January and I received the Bio-metrics appointment for Feb 23rd, which I attended. Ever since the USCIS case status online has not been updated and still says "Fingerprinting Appointment was Scheduled On February 7, 2017, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for Receipt Number NBC*XXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by March 9, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I fall under Philadelphia, PA field office jurisdiction, any ideas on when I should see some movement on the case.

Thanks

On 4/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, JoeF said:

For an idea about the timeline, a friend of mine had his biometrics in September 2016, in the Los Angeles area, and just now got the interview letter, with the interview in early May.

Is there a way to find out how far the processing could be ? I applied in Nov 2016, got done my finger printing in december, but no letter for interview yet. Online status keeps saying 'In-line for interview' but no letter has been sent. I have generally heard it takes about 4-5 months depending upon the center. I live in NJ, sent the application to texas but not sure where to look for processing times. Would it be Newark OR would it be Texas to look for. Not clear. Any idea?

@Ashley 2017: There are Application support centers (Where they do the Biometrics) and then there are Field Offices which conduct interviews. Depending on the county you are located in, you will have either one FO or more than one (as in my case). Depends to which of these FO's the N400 is sent from where you filed it (Dallas, Texas etc). Some FO's conduct both interview and oath ceremony the same day, others do it on different scheduled dates and times. Processing time can be found here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Archived