OPT Stem Extn Denied

WindyHills342

My OPT stem Extn got denied stating at the time of application the degree that is the basis of my STEM OPT extension application is not from institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by DOE.

Can i file a motion to reopen or reconsider an adverse decision , based on the fact that as i am graduated before Dec 12th 2016 and cancellation of accreditation is not retroactive.

Is there is any way out for me in a given situation.

As  of now i am in grace period 

Thanks Vidya ,

Thanks Joe , I agree completely with you, 

How ever i know few students , who got OPT STEM Extn approved , even after applying after Dec 12 th 2016, and even I 20 was issued after Dec 12th 2016.

Is it based on Discretion of the person who is approving the same.

And is the  cancellation of accreditation is not retroactive.

As I said, at the time of applying for the extension, the school has to be accredited.

The school is not accredited anymore, so it is simply not possible to get an OPT extension. No matter if somebody else got an approval in error. It is not possible.

I and others here have for years told people to enroll in a public university. These kinds of things, with an accreditation agency accrediting any institution that pays the application fee, don't happen with public universities.

Archived