Visitor Visa B2 - Government doctors

rao2929

Hi, 

We are applying for a visitor visa for me and my husband, and our son (6years). We both are government doctors. My brother is getting married in US and we want to be there for the wedding. We would like to take 3/4 weeks vacation to attend the wedding. He has been there for 13 years but we have never visited him before. Our parents have been there once for about a month. 

I am worried we being government employee - Do we need to show NOC from state government? I am hearing stories that it never gets through. Because we are doctors govt doesn't really give NOC? What should we do? Our intention is really to attend the wedding and spend some time with my brother. I have not seen him in 4 years. What should we do? 

Also, we will be able to get a 3 weeks to 1 month vacation (just general leave application). It will not state we are going to US etc. our fear is if we mention that they will start questioning? But we also want to do the right thing absolutely. 

Is there anything else else we can provide? Is it illegal to travel without a NOC? 

Please guide us so that we can attend the wedding. Thanks so much. 

6 hours ago, rao2929 said:

Hi, 

We are applying for a visitor visa for me and my husband, and our son (6years). We both are government doctors. My brother is getting married in US and we want to be there for the wedding. We would like to take 3/4 weeks vacation to attend the wedding. He has been there for 13 years but we have never visited him before. Our parents have been there once for about a month. 

I am worried we being government employee - Do we need to show NOC from state government? I am hearing stories that it never gets through. Because we are doctors govt doesn't really give NOC? What should we do? Our intention is really to attend the wedding and spend some time with my brother. I have not seen him in 4 years. What should we do? 

Also, we will be able to get a 3 weeks to 1 month vacation (just general leave application). It will not state we are going to US etc. our fear is if we mention that they will start questioning? But we also want to do the right thing absolutely. 

Is there anything else else we can provide? Is it illegal to travel without a NOC? 

Please guide us so that we can attend the wedding. Thanks so much. 

Best thing is to contact Murthy law firm in Chennai. They can guide you correctly.

Archived