H4 Extension not included under H1B extension upgrade to PP

Vips1982

Hi,

I have filed my H1 extension along with H4 and H4 EAD for my wife on March 23 2017. Data entry done by USCIS on 29 March 2017. H1 Approved on April 5 2017. Waiting for H4 and H4 EAD approval.

As far as i know, H4 as is doesn't have PP, If filed along with H1 USCIS might consider it. 

On 4/5/2017 at 2:04 PM, Vips1982 said:

So, we upgraded long pending H1B extension to PP in March 2nd week and got approval in March 3rd week in a week. 

But H4 is still pending for approval....Attorney says that USCIS is not considering H4s under PP due to workload. 

Anyone else in same boat ?

My wife's H4 extension got approved.  Exactly 2 weeks after my H1B was approved. 

I got my h1b PP approved on Mar 27 and got the doc on Mar29 .

But for the h4 here is the sitaution .

->Got the h4 approval notice in mail on APR 1st and dated the same approval date as H1b mar27 .

-> When i check the case status online with H4 receipt Number it still shows case received.

->Havent got the official H4 copy with i-94 yet been couple weeks.

Any one in same sitaution? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, Krish2017 said:

I got my h1b PP approved on Mar 27 and got the doc on Mar29 .

But for the h4 here is the sitaution .

->Got the h4 approval notice in mail on APR 1st and dated the same approval date as H1b mar27 .

-> When i check the case status online with H4 receipt Number it still shows case received.

->Havent got the official H4 copy with i-94 yet been couple weeks.

Any one in same sitaution? 

Did you get H4 copy with I-94.  Check with your employer attorney.  They may have requested additional copy of I797 A as their routine process.

I am still waiting for my wife's H4 copy with I-94 but my employer attorney got it already 2 weeks back, I am asking them to mail it to me so I can use it for Driving license renewal and for visa stamping.

I think (again, my opinion), they are issuing H4 Copy with I-94 only once and then for 2nd copy for self or attorney, it's taking more time to process.  In my case, Employer attorney got it within 2-3 days of approval, while I am waiting for no reason.

• 1 month later...

Archived