H1 is in transfer and old employer withdraws

Guruprasadmarathe

Since presumably your "transfer" H1 petition was submitted before you will resign, the only risk is the petition getting denied months down the line in which case you will be out of status from then and can deal with it at that time. H1 employers have to revoke the H1 of workers who leave and that is mandatory.

On 4/2/2017 at 9:21 AM, pontevecchio said:

Since presumably your "transfer" H1 petition was submitted before you will resign, the only risk is the petition getting denied months down the line in which case you will be out of status from then and can deal with it at that time. H1 employers have to revoke the H1 of workers who leave and that is mandatory.

What happens if i resign and then found another employer and they transfer h1b.. during this period if old employer revoked..

what happens ? Does it lead into problems ? Which is safer ? Resign ans h1b transfer or transfer get reciept number and then resign?

I feel within one week of my resignation my h1b may start transfer

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 5:48 PM, Don'tAbuseVisa's said:

safe option find good real employer and start H1B transfer and if its a big reputed company with all proper documentation without any prior immigration issues then you can join new company on receipt notice but if you are planning to join some small consulting firms then its better to wait till transfer completes.

How about Oportun Inc, I am joining this company.. full time job, its not consultancy. 

Its american/mexican company,

i have one more question: after a h1b executive order, which is best place to be with? American company or indian company or some consultancy who place to some clients ?

Archived