STEM OPT EXTENSION

Himamsu

I am currently working with a staffing firm (Employer X) on my OPT, and have to apply for my OPT STEM extension. I requested my EMPLOYER for e-verify details and they introduced me to their law firm, stating the law firm will help me with the paperwork.

Employer X is a subsidiary of Employer Y (Parent), Employer X and Employer Y have different EIN numbers, Employer Y is visible in E-verify search tool but not Employer X (subsidiary). I receive my weekly paychecks from Employer X (subsidiary) and the paycheck doesn't have the Parent company's name listed anywhere. 

The law firm filled my form I-765 Section 17  with the parent companies e-verify number and my employer's name (subsidiary company). Whereas the e-verify portal screenshot clearly shows the Parent companies name as "Employer Name and it's subsidiaries" with the e-verify number listed on my I-765 form. And the legal person is saying that all the subsidiaries are covered under the same E-verify number.

Section 17 clearly says that Employer Name and E-verify number should be listed as in E-verify.

In this case, if I apply for my OPT extension with the given details, will my case be approved or rejected. Please reply as soon as possible. 

22 hours ago, Himamsu said:

I am currently working with a staffing firm (Employer X) on my OPT, and have to apply for my OPT STEM extension. I requested my EMPLOYER for e-verify details and they introduced me to their law firm, stating the law firm will help me with the paperwork.

Employer X is a subsidiary of Employer Y (Parent), Employer X and Employer Y have different EIN numbers, Employer Y is visible in E-verify search tool but not Employer X (subsidiary). I receive my weekly paychecks from Employer X (subsidiary) and the paycheck doesn't have the Parent company's name listed anywhere. 

The law firm filled my form I-765 Section 17  with the parent companies e-verify number and my employer's name (subsidiary company). Whereas the e-verify portal screenshot clearly shows the Parent companies name as "Employer Name and it's subsidiaries" with the e-verify number listed on my I-765 form. And the legal person is saying that all the subsidiaries are covered under the same E-verify number.

Section 17 clearly says that Employer Name and E-verify number should be listed as in E-verify.

In this case, if I apply for my OPT extension with the given details, will my case be approved or rejected. Please reply as soon as possible. 

Talk to a different immigration attorney about your case.

Archived