H1B Extension Issue: I-94 Incorrect "Admitted Until Date"

LostSoul

Hello Experts,
Need some urgent help. Please bail me out.

H1B Expiry (Initial 3 Yrs)        : 10/20/2017
Online I-94 Expiry                  : 10/15/2017 (Main Issue, Data Entry error from CBP side)

I am trying to submit my H1B extension for next 3 years "under premium processing" and looks like I can not submit under premium processing unless my I-94 reflects the expiry date of 10/20/2017. Main question  right now is "can my extension petition still be filed by 4/3/2017 while I wait for correction in online I-94 record beyond 4/3/2017" ? The entry stamp in blue-ink on my passport correctly shows "admitted until 10/20/2017". I can manage the additional exit/entry as required for the case, later on when time comes if I an out of status between 10/15 and 10/20.

Thanks,
Lost Soul

1 hour ago, LostSoul said:

Hello Experts,
Need some urgent help. Please bail me out.

H1B Expiry (Initial 3 Yrs)        : 10/20/2017
Online I-94 Expiry                  : 10/15/2017 (Main Issue, Data Entry error from CBP side)

I am trying to submit my H1B extension for next 3 years "under premium processing" and looks like I can not submit under premium processing unless my I-94 reflects the expiry date of 10/20/2017. Main question  right now is "can my extension petition still be filed by 4/3/2017 while I wait for correction in online I-94 record beyond 4/3/2017" ? The entry stamp in blue-ink on my passport correctly shows "admitted until 10/20/2017". I can manage the additional exit/entry as required for the case, later on when time comes if I an out of status between 10/15 and 10/20.

Thanks,
Lost Soul

I don't see an issue. 5 days does not matter. Anyways you are not eligible for extension, because you can file only 180 days before I-94 expiry and in your case it is April 19th.

One important point to add is that the LCA for extension was filed with start date from 10/20/2017 and that seems to the main issue here. If the LCA was filed with start date of 10/15/2017, then apparently we could have used this LCA, since now there is no time to file for new LCA prior to 4/3/2017 hence I can't be filed under the preium processing.

Why do LCA dates dependent on I-94 dates at all, the I-94 dates can change anytime even during the extension process if I exit/enter the country. Thanks for any inputs.

4 hours ago, LostSoul said:

Thanks Shekar. My apologies, my dates were actually in August and not in October. Please help about the LCA point as well in my above post. Thanks so much.

All dates are driven by I-94. That is the rule. So your LCA must be corrected, but at this point of time it is too late as premium processing stops in 2 days.

Archived