H1-B expired, extension got until 06/19, applying for a xfer, which is the one I should get stamped

Hello Fellow Members,

H1-B expired, extension got until 06/19, applying for a xfer, which is the one I should get stamped as long as I have the paper work for both.

Can I get my H1-B stamped on the old company though the xfer is in process? Would it trigger any additional questions.....Like you have applied for xfer why are you getting the extension stamped on the old one?

I have an I-140 Approved from the current Company X and have a I-797 with a extension until 06/2019. If I'm applying for a XFER of my H1-B to Company Y and during the process of H1-B XFER....

1) If I happen to visit India and get stamped on Company X's H1-B, is it going to be fine provided they support me with all relevant documentation? Would I invite trouble as to why you are getting your stamping done while there is a XFER in process?

2) If I get my visa stamped on Company Y's I-797(if I get it in time), what would happen to my Green Card processing? Would my I-140 go invalid or can I port it to the new Company? if so how soon can it be initiated, if not how long will the I-140 be valid unless Company X withdraws its GC application?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

• 3 months later...

Archived